Wednesday 23 March 2011

Employees that say YES to everything

Now you would think these are the perfect employees that do anything and everything you say. In actual fact these are some of the most infuriating and lovely people you can meet. The people that say Yes and nod there head to everything are foreign and don't understand a word you are saying to them. The perfect example was the other night when I was on desserts. I did a beautiful (well it wasn't one of my best!) Lemon Tart which obviously I wanted to sell because it would have saved my main prep and also because it is lemon tart and best served on the day. Anyway about 20 people in of a 70 service and I haven't served one piece of tart so I asked the pretty young hungarian waitress what her selling technique was. She looked at me with that big blank expression and going slightly rose in her cheeks and said "YES!" my heart sank. It took me 10 minutes to explain and in the end I got out of her that her selling technique was as follows
"I give dessert menus and i take dessert order!" in a thick hungarian accent of course
 Please can I have someone who speaks and understands english to take orders!  Am I asking for too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment