Thursday 24 March 2011

what happened to the Xmas presents?

What ever happened to a good old fashioned Xmas present off a supplier? I know that taking kickbacks is deemed illegal and I would never condone it ( well no one has ever offered me anything so we don't really know!)  but surely a Xmas present is just a thank you for spending £50k a year with someone. I remember some of my old head chefs getting a office full of booze at Christmas as presents from various suppliers and one would be taken away on all expenses paid golf days. I never did ask him though if he was with these suppliers because they offered the best service or they were the cheapest. Actually i do remember seeing him with lots of brown envelopes full of cash sticking out of the ass of a chicken.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm we had the same conversation recently,seems sweeteners are no longer politically correct :(

    ReplyDelete